Ron Johnson Spends the Weekend Proving He’s Completely Out of Touch with Wisconsinites
MADISON, Wis. – Ron Johnson spent the weekend proving that he’s changed and is completely out of touch with the needs of Wisconsinites.
Check out the highlights from Johnson’s out of touch weekend below:
- Johnson once again touted his work on the 2017 tax bill, which he held out his vote on until it was changed in a way that primarily benefited himself and his biggest donors.
- A report found the majority of the benefits went to the wealthiest Americans and not mom & pop businesses.
- Weeks after voting against a bill to cap insulin prices, Johnson praised Big Pharma, saying he does not “harbor ill will towards drug companies making money.”
- Johnson has a long history of praising Big Pharma, even trying to block an investigation into Teva Pharmaceutical for exploiting the opioid crisis. They rewarded Johnson with thousands of dollars in political contributions.
- Johnson continued to face scrutiny over his threats to cut Social Security.
- Johnson previously said he wanted to threaten Social Security funding by allowing Congress to cut the program’s funding.
- Johnson again praised his efforts to take away Wisconsinites’ right to make their own health care decisions, saying “the Dobbs decision was absolutely correct.”
- Johnson previously said overturning Roe v. Wade “might be a little messy.”
- Johnson claimed the bill to codify same sex marriage is completely “unnecessary.”
- Johnson hollowly claimed he “hate[s] the power” he’s given as a member of Congress despite:
- Using his power to enrich himself and his biggest donors while voting against Wisconsinites’ best interests.
- Using taxpayer dollars to fly between his family’s Florida vacation home and DC.
- Bragging about appointing the justices who overturned Roe v. Wade.
- Refusing to advocate for bringing more than 1,000 good paying union jobs to his hometown of Oshkosh.
# # #