MADISON, Wis. — Today, the U.S. Department of Labor released the July jobs report, showing another strong month for job growth and unemployment. U.S. employers added 187,000 jobs in July, bringing the total number of jobs created under President Biden’s leadership to over 13.4 million.
“Today’s jobs report confirms once again that Bidenomics is working—something Wisconsinites already know from months of record low unemployment. Wisconsinites are feeling the benefits in their day-to-day lives: more jobs, higher wages, and unemployment at record lows,” said Democratic Party of Wisconsin spokesperson Haley McCoy. “While the last administration left office with the worst jobs record since the Great Depression, Bidenomics is spurring record job creation that is strengthening Wisconsin’s economy. MAGA Republicans like Ron Johnson, Derrick Van Orden, Bryan Steil, Tom Tiffany, Mike Gallagher, Scott Fitzgerald, and Glenn Grothman have pledged to undo this progress—and we can’t afford to go back to their failed trickle-down policies.”
Here’s a look at the economic progress our country has made thanks to President Biden and Democrats’ leadership:
- The US economy added 187,000 jobs in July, bringing the total job created since President Biden took office to a record 13.4 million jobs – including 1.5 million jobs in manufacturing, construction, and engineering.
- The share of prime working age Americans in the workforce is at its highest level in over 20 years.
- The national unemployment rate has fallen to 3.5%—under 4% for 18 months in a row, the longest stretch in over 50 years. In Wisconsin, the unemployment rate in June was 2.5%, just above the record low of 2.4% reached in April and May.
- Wages are growing at one of the fastest rates in years, up 4.4% over the past year.
- Annual inflation has fallen by nearly two thirds and is at its lowest point in two years.