MADISON, Wis. — Democratic Party of Wisconsin Communications Director Joe Oslund released the following statement after the U.S. Department of Labor announced that core inflation is at its lowest level in two years:
“As today’s CPI report shows, prices are coming down as Democrats continue to deliver—and that’s good news for Wisconsin families. Thanks to the Biden-Harris Administration and Democratic leadership, nearly 800,000 good-paying manufacturing jobs have been created nationwide, and we enjoy some of the lowest unemployment rates in Wisconsin history.
“This is a stark contrast from the crippling economic policies that Donald Trump and MAGA Republicans continue to push that would hurt the pockets of hardworking families and gift tax cuts for big corporations and the ultra-wealthy. While Republicans try to roll back the Biden-Harris Administration’s progress, President Biden, Vice President Harris, and Wisconsin Democrats continue to build the economy from the middle out and bottom up while delivering record-breaking results for the American people.”
See how President Biden’s economic agenda is delivering in Wisconsin and across the country:
- Annual inflation has fallen by 65%.
- The US economy added 150,000 jobs in October — bringing the total number of jobs created since President Biden took office to a record of nearly 14 million.
- Wages are increasing at a 4.1% annual rate.
- All jobs lost during the pandemic have been regained, including an additional four million created.
- Core inflation is at its lowest level in two years.