Democratic Party of Wisconsin on President Biden Delivering Another Booming Jobs Report
MADISON, Wis. — Today, Democratic Party of Wisconsin Chair Ben Wikler released the following statement after the U.S. Department of Labor announced that the economy added 216,000 jobs in December, bringing the total jobs created in 2023 to 2.7 million, more than during any year under Donald Trump.
“The Biden boom has delivered once again for hardworking Wisconsinites as they reap the gains from yet another outstanding month of Bidenomics growing the economy from the bottom up and middle out,” said Democratic Party of Wisconsin Chair Ben Wikler. “Wisconsinites remember all too well how Donald Trump and MAGA Republicans’ failed trickle down agenda left everyday Wisconsin families shouldering the costs of his tax handouts to the ultra wealthy. The contrast could not be more stark between Trump—who earned the worst jobs record in modern American history—and President Biden and Vice President Harris’ world-class leadership which continues to lower costs for working Wisconsinites, reduce unemployment, and create millions of jobs.”
Here’s a look at how Bidenomics is delivering in Wisconsin and across the country:
- The U.S. economy added 216,000 jobs in December — bringing the total number of jobs created since President Biden took office to a record 14.2 million.
- December’s jobs increase brings the total number of jobs created in 2023 to 2.7 million, more jobs than during any year under Donald Trump.
- The unemployment rate has been under four percent for the longest stretch in over 50 years.
- The share of prime working-age Americans in the workforce is at its highest level in over 20 years.
- All jobs lost during the pandemic have been regained, and an additional 4 million have been created.
- Wages are increasing at a 4.0 percent annual rate.
- Annual inflation is down by more than half since last summer and is substantially lower than inflation, meaning real wages are growing.