Trump and MAGA Republicans’ Plot To End Wisconsinites’ Medicare As We Know It
MADISON, Wis. — Today, Democratic Party of Wisconsin Communications Director Joe Oslund released the following statement in response to recent reporting that Donald Trump’s MAGA Republican allies are planning for Trump to end Medicare as we know it:
“Donald Trump has long campaigned on attacking access to health care, and now his MAGA Republican allies are laying the groundwork to end Medicare as we know it for hundreds of thousands of Wisconsinites if they get the chance. While Trump and MAGA Republicans pander to their ultra-wealthy donors and fight to create barriers to the health care Wisconsinites rely on, President Biden has been working to make health care more accessible and affordable by bolstering the Affordable Care Act, capping the cost of prescription drugs, lowering premiums, and more. With Trump putting access to health care in danger yet again, Wisconsinites are continuing to witness how high the stakes are in this election as Trump’s deeply unpopular agenda threatens—again—to devastate our hardworking families.”
Donald Trump’s MAGA Republican allies want to decimate Wisconsinites’ access to health care:
- MAGA Republicans’ plan to end Medicare as we know it by “totally privatiz[ing] Medicare—and fast” would be devastating to the 622,437 Wisconsinites who currently rely on traditional Medicare.
- Trump said he would pursue cuts to Social Security and Medicare in a second term in office—and has threatened the programs’ financial standing by promising to permanently eliminate the taxes that fund both programs.
- Trump has long made calls to privatize Social Security and even praised congressional Republicans as they pushed plans to end Medicare as we know it.
- Trump and MAGA Republicans’ plan to gut Social Security and Medicare is extremely unpopular with Americans—including Republicans.
- Trump is hellbent on dismantling the ACA and ripping away health care from millions of Americans—including over 220,000 Wisconsinites.