“Wisconsin voters are feeling the impact of Trump’s broken promises on the economy: higher health care costs, a trade war that’s putting farmers out of business, and a tax scam that’s encouraging companies to move overseas and lay-off workers like at Kimberly-Clark, all while the federal deficit balloons. Voters aren’t going to be distracted. The pain Wisconsinites are feeling is real and only getting worse, and trying to gaslight them into thinking otherwise won’t work.”
BACKGROUND: Wisconsinites and the rest of the country are not getting ahead in Trump’s economy — that’s why a plurality of Americans say the economy is getting worse.
- Trump’s approval on the economy is underwater — nearly half of Americans disapprove of his handling of the economy (49% – 46%).
- The GOP-Trump Tax Bill Would Raise Taxes On Low-And Middle-Income Wisconsin Residents By 2027. [Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, 12/16/17]
- HEADLINE: “Kimberly-Clark To Use Savings From Tax Cuts To Pay For Layoffs” [The Hill, 1/24/18]
- Trump says farmers are “over the hump”, but in 2019 already, hundreds of farms have already closed in Wisconsin.
- J.P. Morgan estimates the average American household will be down $1,000 per year thanks to the newest round of tariffs on Chinese goods.
- Trump campaigned on protecting people with pre-existing conditions, but hislawsuit to invalidate the ACA threatens the coverage of as many as 2,489,279Wisconsinites with pre-existing conditions.