FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 22, 2021
Contact: WisDems Press (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Shot/Chaser: Democrats Deliver Where Republican Obstruction Failed
Madison, Wis. — President Biden, Democrats in Congress, and Gov. Evers have continued to work hand-in-hand to build back better. Their partnership, which has resulted in billions in federal relief to Wisconsin, comes in sharp contrast to the failed Walker-Kleefisch administration, which rejected critical federal aid for partisan reasons.
Shot: Former GOP Gov. Scott Walker and Radical Rebecca Kleefisch refused to accept millions of federal funds for Wisconsinites, all because they didn’t believe bipartisanship would benefit them politically. Their partisan political games deeply hurt Wisconsinites, and set back progress in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin State Journal: Feds to take Wisconsin’s high-speed rail money, give it to other states
- “The Obama administration is taking back the $810 million awarded to Wisconsin for train projects after Republican Gov.-elect Scott Walker made it clear he will not waver in his opposition to the project.”
Associated Press: GOP governors who turned down Medicaid money have hands out
- “Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker notably turned down more than $500 million for his state.”
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: State giving back stimulus funds intended for broadband expansion
Chaser: Thanks to a strong partnership with President Biden, Gov. Evers has highlighted the importance of working with federal partners to deliver for Wisconsin. He has secured billions of dollars and delivered for Wisconsin where Republicans had failed.
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: ‘Help is on the way’: Wisconsin will issue $420 million in relief funds to small businesses, Gov. Evers says
- “According to a news release, the funds provided by the American Rescue Plan Act can potentially benefit 84,000 small businesses that generate between $10,000 and $7 million in annual revenue.”
The Capital Times: Evers announces $50 million in assistance for Wisconsin farmers
- “The funds will be administered through the latest round of the governor’s Wisconsin Farm Support Program, launched last year. In total, Evers has directed more than $100 million in federal funds to support Wisconsin’s agricultural producers, his office said.”
WKOW: Evers announces $10 million in American Rescue Plan funds for tourism industry
- “As Wisconsin’s tourism industry looks to rebuild, Governor Tony Evers announced a fresh influx of funds Tuesday to help push revitalization.”
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Wisconsin rural broadband getting $100 million boost from federal program
WPR: Evers allocating $45M in federal funds to violence prevention, crime victim programs