Round Up: Ahead of November Election, Ron Johnson Working With Firm Connected to January 6th Fake Electors
MADISON, Wis. — Yesterday, a new report revealed Ron Johnson has made payments to a firm run by one of the lawyers who tried to overturn the 2020 election results and worked with Johnson to get “fake electors” to Vice President Pence.
Read more here:
- NBC: “Johnson, R-Wis., made the payments to the law firm led by James Troupis, who allegedly played a role in a plan to reverse the 2020 election results through the use of “fake electors” that’s now under scrutiny by the federal government”
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: “The firm is headed by attorney James Troupis, who was allegedly at the center of the plot to recognize so-called fake electors in what was the last-ditch push…on Jan. 6, 2021, the day of the U.S. Capitol insurrection. The Johnson campaign made about $20,000 in payments to the Troupis firm since July.”
- CNN: “Johnson said Troupis was responsible for providing his Senate staff with a slate of fake Wisconsin electors on January 6, asking the Wisconsin Republican to deliver the slate to then-Vice President Mike Pence ahead of the congressional session that day to certify Joe Biden’s 2020 election win.”
- WisPolitics: “GOP U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson is already gearing up for a recount in his reelection bid, including a payment to the firm of a Wisconsin attorney who led Donald Trump’s unsuccessful effort to overturn the results of the 2020 election.”
- Raw Story: “Republican Sen. Ron Johnson made two payments to a law firm led by an attorney, James Troupis, who allegedly played a role in a plan to “fake electors” to reverse the 2020 election results — an effort that is now under investigation by the Justice Department, NBC News reports.”