FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 27, 2021
Contact: WisDems Press (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Red Districts Benefit From President Biden’s American Rescue Plan
The American Rescue Plan Passed Without a Single Vote From Wisconsin GOP
Madison, Wis. — Hundreds of thousands of Wisconsin families continue to benefit from President Biden’s American Rescue Plan, including Wisconsinites in Republican-led congressional districts whose representatives voted against the lifesaving economic relief.
A staple of the American Rescue Plan is the expanded Child Tax Credit, which provides additional relief of up to $1,600 per child to the families of 1,159,000 Wisconsin children — and is expected to lift 46,000 children out of poverty. This middle-class tax cut was opposed by every single Republican in Congress but, thanks to Democrats, Wisconsinites in every single district are seeing relief from the middle-class tax cuts.
“In no world should reducing childhood poverty be a partisan issue,” said Democratic Party of Wisconsin Rapid Response Director Julia Hamelburg. “Somehow Republicans in Congress have deluded themselves into thinking that answering to their big donors and corporations is more important than lifting up working families and children. While Republicans continue to play political games with working families’ lives and livelihoods, President Biden and Democrats will continue to deliver for Wisconsin.”
Here is a breakdown of how many families are benefiting from President Biden’s middle-class tax cuts in Republican districts:
- $33.4 million to the families of 132,000 qualifying children in Rep. Steil’s District (WI-01)
- $30.3 million to the families of 120,000 qualifying children in Rep. Fitzgerald’s District (WI-05)
- $31.8 million to the families of 125,000 qualifying children in Rep. Grothman’s District (WI-06)
- $33.2 million to the families of 131,000 qualifying children in Rep. Tiffany’s District (WI-07)
- $35.4 million to the families of 140,000 qualifying children in Rep. Gallagher’s District (WI-08)