Ron Johnson Abuses Taxpayer Dollars Volume #1: Johnson Secures Massive Tax Handout for Billionaire Donors Who are Now Bankrolling his Campaign
MADISON, Wis. — In 2017, Ron Johnson held out his vote on the 2017 GOP tax bill until it was changed in a way that benefitted himself and his biggest donors – the same billionaires who are now bankrolling Johnson’s re-election efforts. Diane Hendricks and the Uihleins, amongst others, are pouring tens of millions of dollars into super PACs that are working to re-elect Johnson.
Johnson’s Billionaires Are Spending Big to Protect Their Investment in Washington.
- Wisconsin Truth PAC, funded primarily by the Uihleins and Diane Hendricks, has spent $22 million backing Johnson.
- These two families got $215 million in tax deductions in 2018 alone thanks to Johnson’s work on the 2017 tax bill.
- Diane Hendricks contributed $9.4 million to Wisconsin Truth PAC in Q3 alone.
- Billionaire Timothy Mellon, heir to the Mellon banking fortune, has given $5 million to Wisconsin Truth PAC.
- Chicago Cubs owner and billionaire Joe Ricketts has donated $1 million to Wisconsin Truth PAC.
- Jan Rees-Jones, wife of billionaire Texas oil executive Trevor Rees-Jones, gave $100,000 to Wisconsin Truth PAC.
- A group funded by John Brunner, who is worth roughly $100 million, gave $160,000 to Wisconsin Truth PAC.
- Disgraced billionaire Steve Wynn gave $10,350,000 to Our American Century PAC, which has spent at least $500,000 aiding Johnson’s re-election efforts.
- The Uihleins are also bankrolling No Better Friend PAC, which has dumped $400,000 into re-electing Ron Johnson.