ICYMI: “The Inflation Reduction Act will create climate jobs for Wisconsin workers”
“The climate jobs boom is coming, and thanks to the Inflation Reduction Act, Wisconsin workers will be at the center of it.”
MADISON, Wis. – In a new op-ed published in the Wisconsin Examiner, the president of the Milwaukee Area Labor Council and a member of Laborers’ Local 113 celebrates President Biden and Democrats’ Inflation Reduction Act for creating good-paying jobs, lowering costs for working families, and making a historic effort to fight climate change.
Wisconsin Examiner: The Inflation Reduction Act will create climate jobs for Wisconsin workers
- “The wave of clean energy development that Wisconsin will see in the next decade will certainly reduce our carbon footprint as a state. Climate activists are correct in lauding this landmark legislation as the most impactful effort to combat climate change in American history.
- “But it’s so much more than that. This is a jobs bill. A union jobs bill.
- “Instead of a race to the bottom, renewable energy projects will create good union jobs right here in the Midwest and expand career pathways so people in frontline communities can enter into lifelong union careers in the clean energy economy.
- “On top of that, developers will be eligible for additional benefits if they build renewable projects in low-income or fossil fuel dependent communities, and if they build with American-made materials, which will create jobs manufacturing solar panels, wind turbines, and electric vehicles across the country and here in Wisconsin.
- “New union jobs mean opportunities for people who have never had a chance to work for family-supporting wages, benefits and respect.
- “This is huge news for working people across Wisconsin, who will see lower energy costs due to the move to renewable energy sources and stronger communities with more good-paying local jobs.
- “The climate jobs boom is coming, and thanks to the Inflation Reduction Act, Wisconsin workers will be at the center of it.”
# # #