FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 10, 2021
Contact: WisDems Communications (email@example.com)
NEW: Senate Democratic Leader Makes the Case for President Biden’s Infrastructure Deal
MADISON –– Thanks to the leadership of President Joe Biden in partnership with Governor Evers and congressional Democrats, America is on the move again and is projected to reach the highest levels of growth in nearly four decades. That’s why, in an interview with WDIO News (ABC Superior), Wisconsin State Senate Democratic Leader Janet Bewley endorsed President Biden’s bipartisan infrastructure deal, sharing that rural Wisconsin communities would benefit immensely from Biden’s historic legislation.
Senator Bewley noted that rural Wisconsin still requires additional federal support to fully access reliable broadband. The bipartisan infrastructure deal will deliver high-speed internet to every neighborhood across the state, including in rural Wisconsin. President Biden’s legislation builds on Governor Evers’ record investment in broadband in the most recent state budget and the $129 million in federal funds Gov. Evers directed to expand access for even more Wisconsinites.
Here’s a look at what the Biden-Harris administration’s Build Back Better agenda is delivering for Wisconsin:
Where We’re At: The American Rescue Plan continues to build back better in communities across the state. Here’s how:
- Middle-class tax cuts for working families slash child poverty rates, reduce food insecurity, and drive economic growth
- The U.S. economy added nearly 750,000 jobs each month over the last three months and the unemployment rate continues to drop, reaching 5.2% in August — the lowest it has been in eighteen months
Where We’re Going: The bipartisan infrastructure deal will build on this progress by:
- Creating more than 880,000 more jobs by 2030, while increasing per-capita income, consumer spending, and the national GDP
- Protecting critical labor standards on construction projects as workers rebuild roads and bridges, improve drinking water infrastructure, upgrade broadband connectivity, and transform our transportation infrastructure
- Buying American to ensure all taxpayer-funded projects are built with American iron, steel, manufactured products, and construction materials
- Permanently expanding the child tax credit to reduce child poverty to less than 10% in most states, including Wisconsin
In totality, President Biden’s American Rescue Plan, bipartisan infrastructure deal, and rest of the Build Back Better agenda will provide relief for working families, deliver one of the biggest middle-class tax cuts ever, and generate sustainable economic growth over the long term — all while creating upwards of two million jobs per year over the next decade.
# # #