MADISON, Wis. — After Mitch McConnell’s hand-picked recruit, Congressman Mike Gallagher decided to not run for Senate, here’s what leading potential Republican candidate Sheriff David Clarke said about the Senate race ahead of what is sure to be a “messy” GOP primary.
Check out the latest from David Clarke:
- Promoted himself as the only candidate who “energizes or excites the base,” highlighting a poll that showed him leading the GOP Senate primary by 20 points.
- Talked how he “laps the field” and how it’s “amazing” for him that the NRSC doesn’t have a candidate in Wisconsin.
- Tore into his potential primary opponent, Tom Tiffany, for not being well known statewide.
- Attacked the NRSC’s strategy for recruiting “filthy rich” candidates like Eric Hovde.
- Hit the rest of the potential GOP field for their inability to beat Tammy Baldwin.
- Attacked Tammy Baldwin and challenged her to attack him.
- Offered his sage wisdom and guidance to the GOP candidate if Clarke himself is not the nominee.
- Amplified a press release from the Democratic Party of Wisconsin.