Job Title: Field Organizer
Reports to: Regional Organizing Director
Wages: At least $935.00 per week, with guaranteed 50 hours (10 overtime) a week at 17.00/hr, and 25.50/hr overtime
Location: Madison, Milwaukee, or a designated region in Wisconsin.
Proudly a Bargaining Unit Position with the Campaign Workers Guild!
About The Democratic Party of Wisconsin: WisDems is nationally recognized as one of the country’s highest-performing and most pivotal political organizations. In the 2022 election cycle, WisDems will continue to build a massive program to re-elect Governor Tony Evers, defeat Ron Johnson in order to ensure a Democratic US Senate majority, elect candidates up and down the ballot in spring and fall elections alike, and advocate on policy issues. WisDems’ work is grounded in inclusion, respect, and empowerment across race, gender, other dimensions of identity, and the rural/suburban/urban divide. Our work continues year-round, collaborating with partners to build a movement that delivers meaningful change for all Wisconsinites. We seek outstanding applicants who share our values and vision to join the team, help win elections, and build a future where everyone can thrive.
The Opportunity: As a Field Organizer you will build local grassroots teams that will then engage in direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment and volunteer retention. You will be responsible for executing a field program that works to elect Democrats up & down the ticket by building & maintaining the local volunteer infrastructure necessary for success in the 2022 Spring and Fall Elections.
- Work to elect all Democrats up and down the ticket.
- Work to build local grassroots volunteer teams that will then engage in direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Create a strong inclusive progressive presence in communities within your assigned turf.
- Implement grassroot field tactics, including managing and executing effective activities, such as phone banks.
- Work to develop strong relationships with local stakeholders and constituency groups, including county party leaders and members, local grassroots organizations and activists, and partner and ally groups.
- Help to build the local volunteer infrastructure necessary for success in the Spring Elections and beyond.
- Responsible for executing the 2022 statewide organizing and outreach programs across Wisconsin.
- Meet or exceed metric-based goals for volunteer recruitment & retention as well as direct voter contact.
- Be a representative of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin and our policies, including neutrality as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Growth Mindset – Ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal-Oriented – Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – Able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as BIPOC, and across other lines of difference. Understands how to take an inclusive lens into all aspects of work.
- Excellent Communication Skills – Demonstrably excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. In particular, the ability to build connections with others through cold-calling, community networking, textbanking, and social media.
- Strong Attention to Detail – Carefully examines work & catches the smallest mistakes.
- Commitment to the DPW’s Values – Desires to fight for Democratic values, candidates, and our voters.
- Access to reliable transportation, with a willingness to travel frequently.
- Previous organizing experience.
Benefits: Great benefits including; excellent health care ($1/month), dental ($1/month), vision ($1/month), life insurance (free), short term and long-term disability (free), free Better Help virtual therapy, free Calm premium subscription, monthly cell phone stipend, 10 days paid vacation, retirement plan with 3% employer match, 3 floating holidays, 9 paid holidays, plus more!
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful at the Democratic Party of Wisconsin candidates must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse array of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Indigenous, AAPI, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note on COVID-19: Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations due to disability, medical condition, or bona fide religious belief will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.