The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is excited to announce our Captains program. Community & Campus Captains will be a part of the groundswell of progressive action that will lay the groundwork for a successful 2020 election. Captains will be trained on the basics of organizing & campaign fundamentals and work in their communities to empower grassroots teams. This program is designed to test, train, and develop a new class of organizers, to help strengthen the progressive fabric of the state, and to help elect Democrats up and down the ticket!
College & high school students are welcome to apply to be a Campus Captain. This means you will be volunteering on your campus & talking to fellow students about the issues you care about the most. Alternatively, you can apply to be a Community Captain, which will mean you will be volunteering off-campus.
**Note: This is an unpaid, volunteer opportunity. Captains are located statewide and you will be working locally in your community**
Captains will be asked to commit to a minimum of 5 hours per week and will:
- Participate in training on field organizing, messaging, and other activities.
- Organize in your community, build teams, and help develop new progressive leaders.
- Engage new potential volunteers through phone calls and relational organizing.
- Hold team launches and trainings to better support and empower our teams.
- Use social networks to help amplify our message and to talk about our work.
- Continue to build the movement to help elect Democrats up and down the ticket this November.
Ideal applicants require:
- Passion for Democratic politics
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate ideas on the phone
- Fluency in basic computer use